Application for a PR Card

A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent residence by immigrating to Canada. To apply for Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) to renew or replace your current PR Card, you are required to complete Form IMM 5444E.

When to apply for PR Card using Form IMM 5444E:

  • Initial request for a PR Card
  • To renew a PR Card that has already or is about to expire
  • Replacementof a PR Card that has been lost stolen or damaged
  • To update the information on your current PR Card (e.g.; legal change name)

To be eligible to apply for a PR Card you must:

  • Be a permanent resident of Canada
  • Be physically present in Canada
  • Not be a Canadian citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act
  • Not be under an effective removal order
  • Not be convicted of an offense

How to apply for a PR Card Renewal

To renew or replace your PR Card that has already or is about to expire, you are required to complete Form IMM 5444E and submit all the required documentation. To replace a PR Card that is lost, stolen, destroyed or expired you are also required to complete and submit Form IMM 5444E.

Complete Form IMM 5444E and submit the following documentation along with your Application Package:

  • Your current PR Card (if your card has already expired). If it has not expired, you can keep it with you and return it to the IRCC (formerly known as CIC) when you go to collect your new card
  • A copy of your passport or travel document
  • Any other identity documents specified in the Document Checklist (which will be part of the Application Package)
  • Photos (specifications for photos will also be included in the Application Package)

Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) Form IMM 5444E Application Package

  1. Complete your Permanent Resident Card request with the help of our easy-to-use step-by-step guide and personalized instructions Form IMM 5444E Application Package.
  2. Submit your mistake-free application and supporting evidence to IRCC (formerly known as CIC)
  3. Collect your new Permanent Resident Card (PR CARD) at the local IRCC office (formerly known as CIC) once your application is approved.
Money Black

IRCC application acceptance guaranteed or your money back!

Disclaimer: is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and self-help services regarding issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration to Canada. This company in not affiliated with the Canadian government or any government agency. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. Our company provides a self-help software, and information, which assists with the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form. We only provide technical support in connection with the latter. This company or its services, are not a substitute for and do not replace legal advice. Clients may request a refund, as long as they meet the requirements stated in the Refund Policy.

© 2018 - All Rights Reserved.